Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Christmas is in the Air

I’ve already bought my Christmas gifts for friends. We’ve already bought décor to adorn our home. I’ve already loaded my computer with Holiday tracks. And we’re planning to set up the Christmas tree over the weekend. All of these just to get into the spirit of Christmas.

Still, Christmas ain’t what it used to be. It’s certainly less exciting. It’s probably because I’ve already grown up. Christmas is for kids, I believe. If this is what it entails to be an adult (i.e. losing my wonderment and amazement at things that are celebrated), I think, I wanna be a kid again even just for the Holiday season.

Or is it just because I’ve already spent 19 Christmas celebrations without truly valuing and appreciating things that make Christmas truly special? It’s so easy to get caught up in all the fanfare. This Christmas, I want to be amazed again. I want to feel that warm and ecstatic feeling inside of me just because I’m around family and friends.

Merry Christmas! I hope I’m the first person to greet you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwww, ung parang gusto mong maniwala ke santa kahit sandali, ganun ba? - snappingfergiebitch